Onebill Telecom takes your privacy seriously. We abide by the UK and EU rules on Data Protection.
Your information is used strictly for internal purposes. We collect customer data when you sign up for our service. We collect your address, contact details, details about our telephone lines, and payment information.
We will use the information you provide us to process your application for our services, and to contact you in the event that there is a problem with your application or service.
We value your privacy and understand that you don't want your details sold to third parties. We will not sell, trade or rent in any form your information to any third party.
The information we hold about you is confidential. We will only disclose it to 3rd parties when:
- you give us your consent,
- it is needed by certain reputable third parties involved in running accounts and/or providing services for you
- in order to obtain professional advice,
- we or others need to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. to fraud prevention agencies),
- the law permits or requires it, or any regulatory or governmental body requests or requires it, even without your consent, or,
- there is a duty to the public to reveal the information
When you contact us, in any way, we may make a note of this contact if it is relevant to your permanent record. This allows us to provide a higher level of ongoing customer care.
We may pass on your details to bona fide credit checking agencies, for the purposes of assessing your credit worthiness. We and other organisations may also use credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency records that we receive about you, people financially linked to you and others in your household to help make decisions about you and them
You agree that we may use and update this centrally held information:
- for credit and credit related services and to manage your accounts;
- to provide you with other services;
- to identify other products and services which might be suitable for you;
- to recover debts;
- to prevent and detect fraud;
- to update our records about you;
- to prevent money laundering; and
- to check your identity.
We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
We will monitor network traffic from time to time for the purposes of backup and problem solving and in order to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
Please note that this policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time. Any changes will be posted to this website.
Other companies offering and advertising their products or services on our website may also download cookies on to your computer or mobile device. These companies will have their own privacy policies which will govern they way they use their cookies. XLN accepts no responsibility or liability for these sites.
How can you turn off cookies?
You can decide to remove all types of cookies from your computer or mobile device. However, this could have a negative effect on our website services. If you access the “advanced preferences” in your browser, your browser will most likely let you choose whether to accept or block cookies or to be notified and asked to accept cookies. For removing the "Remember me" cookie on the www.onebilltelecom.co.uk/myaccount just untick the box when you sign in.
Promotion: Tariff discount applies only for the period specified. At the end of the promotional period, tariffs will change back to standard pricing as explained below. This offer is available to new customers exclusively, and for packages that include phone and broadband.
Price Promise terms: Proof of an equivalently priced business offer needs to be provided in writing and must be dated within 30 days of the claim in question. It also excludes any limited promotional tariffs within your current contract, and the customer has to be in a position to move from an existing contract or the offer is void. Also, please note that although we’ll happily match a standard product price, we don’t cover extras like delivery charges. This deal cannot be used in conjunction with any other Onebill offer, and excludes existing customers.
The promotional savings values mentioned above are based on 24-month contracts. Where applicable, connection charges and the cost of online security is included. The prices mentioned are taken from provider websites, and they exclude any promotional offers. They’re accurate as of 31/03/2016. Please see our legal section for complete terms and conditions.
Phone: This comparison is against BT’s standard phone line and daytime rates, and BT phone line unlimited UK call package prices.
Broadband: This comparison is against the online price of BT’s standard and unlimited broadband packages.
Phone & Broadband: This comparison is against BT’s unlimited broadband and line rental with unlimited UK call package, where relevant.
Phone & Fibre: This comparison is against BT’s Infinity unlimited & line rental with unlimited UK call package, where relevant.
Any mention of inclusive mobile calls only applies to T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange, Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three.
Free wireless router: the £9.99 charge covers a tracked delivery, configuration and packing.
The actual speed is dependent on the quality of your line, the distance between your connection and the exchange, and the extent to which your local exchange is able to provide this particular speed.
Lines using fibre optic connections are excluded from this comparison.
Any call charge savings have been calculated against BT Business Local and National ppm rate that are not covered within a call package.
Connection fees could apply.
We are able to provide low broadband prices for most exchanges, but this depends on the type of broadband connection obtainable at your particular exchange and the compatibility of your telephone line. Therefore a £3 supplement may be applied in certain scenarios.
Prices shown exclude VAT. Call prices are charged per minute. Full Onebill terms & conditions apply. Errors and omissions exempt.
Standard pricing for current packages (RRP)
- Unlimited Broadband and line rental: £26.95/month
- Unlimited Broadband, unlimited calls and line rental: £36.95/month
- Line rental: £16.95/month
- Line rental and unlimited calls: £26.95/month
- Fibre 40 and line rental: £39.95/month
- Fibre 80 and line rental:£45.95/month
- Fibre 40, unlimited calls and line rental: £49.95/month
- Fibre 80, unlimited calls and line rental:£55.95/month
Our Business Phone services
We offer two separate Business Phone line packages. Both are tailored to your needs, and are priced accordingly. Our phone service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Installation or takeover and line rental for one or more fixed telephone lines
- A call price package of your choice that enables you to make discounted telephone calls in specified areas
- One phone number for each fixed telephone line that you rent from Onebill
- Any other fixed line phone services that we agree to provide you with
Our Business Broadband services
In order to deliver our Business Broadband service, we provide fixed-line, high-speed access to the internet in the UK, as well as a variety of extras like computer security or backup services, all of which are outlined in your confirmation letter.
Onebill Business Broadband offers speeds of up to and including 17Mbps. The actual speed you get could vary, depending on a variety of factors, including:
- The distance between you and your nearest exchange. In short, the longer your line is, the slower your speed will be
- Damage to your phone line, or poor connections between cables
We’ll always provide the absolute fastest speed possible, so if 17Mbps isn’t possible, we’ll provide the closest speed possible to that figure.
Fibre Broadband speeds
Onebill Fibre Broadband offers speeds of up to and including 38Mbps – rising to a possible 76Mbps if you choose our fastest Business Fibre package. As with our standard Business Broadband and Business Phone line deal, Onebill Fibre is offered in two packages that are tailored according to your needs and budget.
Our Fibre products all offer the same superfast broadband speeds, but the speed you ultimately get could vary from the one advertised here. As with ordinary broadband, the speed you receive with Fibre Broadband is determined by things like:
- The distance between you and the green cabinet. Fibre optic cables run between your telephone exchange and the green cabinet (you’ll see these on most streets). Your premises is connected to the green cabinet by an ordinary copper phone line, and the longer this line is, the slower your speeds will be
- The condition your telephone line is in. If it's damaged, worn, or there are broken connections between cables then you will not receive the maximum speeds possible
When do our services start?
Upon signing up to Onebill Business Broadband, Phone or Fibre, you'll get a welcome pack in the post which contains your contract and activation date – which is the date your service will begin. Activation can begin at any time on that date, right up until midnight.
If you're switching to Onebill from a different broadband or phone company, we can usually sort this remotely and you won’t need to install a new line. Phone line transfers normally take about ten working days, but the time needed to transfer numbers from other networks can vary – it can take much longer, or in rare cases, may not be possible at all. In these cases, we will, with your agreement, provide a new number (or numbers).
If you need a new line, we will book an engineer to visit your business and they’ll install a line for you. There is always an additional fee for this service.
Using our Business Broadband services
To use our Broadband services, you'll need a phone line that sits within the BT Openreach network. When you decide to move services to Onebill from a different supplier, we’ll notify your existing provider to explain that we are now providing your services. However, you have to let your current broadband or phone provider know that you want to cancel in the first place.
If you've bought Onebill Secure – a computer security service – from us, you need to make sure you uninstall any other computer security software on your relevant devices first.
You'll receive your free Onebill wireless router when you officially sign up for business broadband. This router is pre-configured and ready to go. Routers bought directly from Onebill include full technical support when needed within the warranty coverage period. Onebill is not responsible and will not cover routers or any other products used in conjunction with Onebill Broadband but bought from a different source.
If you choose a broadband plan that includes a limited broadband data allowance, this allowance will expire at the end of every calendar month and any data you don’t use won’t be carried over into the next month. We'll let you know when you reach 80% of your broadband usage, and once again when you reach 100%. If you exceed this allowance we reserve the right to charge you more for the subsequent use.
Broadband only packages
We offer two separate Broadband packages, both with all sorts of extras to help your business, including:
- Business Broadband: 20GB broadband usage, free setup, free wireless router, multiple email addresses
- Business Broadband ://Call Max: Unlimited broadband usage, online security and backup, free installation, free wireless router, multiple email addresses
Onebill care levels and associated costs
In addition to Broadband and phone packages, we also provide additional care packages to give you the option of resolving faults and problems extra quickly and conveniently.
These four packages of care are as follows:
- Level 1: Free – fault fixed in three working days
- Level 2: £1.20 per month for each line – fault fixed in 48 hours
- Level 3: £3.95 per month for each line – fault fixed in 24 hours
- Level 4: £5.49 per month for each line – fault fixed in 6 hours
If your business relies heavily on phone and/or internet access to function, these care packages are highly recommended. For a small monthly fee, you’ll get some extra assurance that you can get your business back to speed as quickly as possible.