Acceptable Use Policy
You must not use our broadband services, including associated computer security or backup services and software:
- in a way that breaches any legislation or any licence applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent; or
- to deliver, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any information or material which is abusive, defamatory, grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing or in breach of the privacy rights of any individual; or
- to deliver, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any information or material which is offensive or discriminatory to people on grounds of gender, sexual orientation; age, race, colour, disability, religion or belief; or
- to distribute child pornography or in any way for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- to send or procure the sending of any chain letters or unsolicited advertising or promotional material (“spamming”); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- in any way which threatens the integrity and/or security of any network or computer system; or
- in any way which degrades or interferes with other users’ use of any of our services or may, in our opinion, do so) ; or
- to attempt to gain unauthorised entry to any site or network; or
- in any way that contravenes generally accepted standards of internet or other network conduct and usage; or
- in an way which infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party or breaches a third party non-disclosure agreement or obligation; or
- in any way that does not comply with our specific instructions or to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which we deem inappropriate.
If we believe that your use of our broadband service is:
- in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy; or
is adversely affecting:
- our network (or any part of it); or
- our other customers’ use of our services
We reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage. We will not impose any restrictions on your use of our broadband service without prior notice unless we are required to do so by our own suppliers. If after we have sent you a notice, we believe that your use of the broadband service continues to be in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy or to adversely affect our network (or any part of it) or our other customers’ use of our services then we may manage the type of traffic you are passing and/or suspend or terminate your service. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our customer services team on 0344 880 0444 if you wish to discuss any action we have taken.
We may revise our Acceptable Use Policy at any time by posting the updated version of the policy to our website. You are expected to check this policy from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Promotion: Tariff discount applies only for the period specified. At the end of the promotional period, tariffs will change back to standard pricing as explained below. This offer is available to new customers exclusively, and for packages that include phone and broadband.
Price Promise terms: Proof of an equivalently priced business offer needs to be provided in writing and must be dated within 30 days of the claim in question. It also excludes any limited promotional tariffs within your current contract, and the customer has to be in a position to move from an existing contract or the offer is void. Also, please note that although we’ll happily match a standard product price, we don’t cover extras like delivery charges. This deal cannot be used in conjunction with any other Onebill offer, and excludes existing customers.
The promotional savings values mentioned above are based on 24-month contracts. Where applicable, connection charges and the cost of online security is included. The prices mentioned are taken from provider websites, and they exclude any promotional offers. They’re accurate as of 31/03/2016. Please see our legal section for complete terms and conditions.
Phone: This comparison is against BT’s standard phone line and daytime rates, and BT phone line unlimited UK call package prices.
Broadband: This comparison is against the online price of BT’s standard and unlimited broadband packages.
Phone & Broadband: This comparison is against BT’s unlimited broadband and line rental with unlimited UK call package, where relevant.
Phone & Fibre: This comparison is against BT’s Infinity unlimited & line rental with unlimited UK call package, where relevant.
Any mention of inclusive mobile calls only applies to T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange, Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three.
Free wireless router: the £9.99 charge covers a tracked delivery, configuration and packing.
The actual speed is dependent on the quality of your line, the distance between your connection and the exchange, and the extent to which your local exchange is able to provide this particular speed.
Lines using fibre optic connections are excluded from this comparison.
Any call charge savings have been calculated against BT Business Local and National ppm rate that are not covered within a call package.
Connection fees could apply.
We are able to provide low broadband prices for most exchanges, but this depends on the type of broadband connection obtainable at your particular exchange and the compatibility of your telephone line. Therefore a £3 supplement may be applied in certain scenarios.
Prices shown exclude VAT. Call prices are charged per minute. Full Onebill terms & conditions apply. Errors and omissions exempt.
Standard pricing for current packages (RRP)
- Unlimited Broadband and line rental: £23.45/month
- Unlimited Broadband, unlimited calls and line rental: £33.45/month
- Line rental: £16.45/month
- Line rental and unlimited calls: £23.45/month
- Fibre 40 and line rental: £35.45/month
- Fibre 80 and line rental:£40.45/month
- Fibre 40, unlimited calls and line rental: £45.45/month
- Fibre 80, unlimited calls and line rental:£50.45/month
Our Business Phone services
We offer two separate Business Phone line packages. Both are tailored to your needs, and are priced accordingly. Our phone service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Installation or takeover and line rental for one or more fixed telephone lines
- A call price package of your choice that enables you to make discounted telephone calls in specified areas
- One phone number for each fixed telephone line that you rent from Onebill
- Any other fixed line phone services that we agree to provide you with
Our Business Broadband services
In order to deliver our Business Broadband service, we provide fixed-line, high-speed access to the internet in the UK, as well as a variety of extras like computer security or backup services, all of which are outlined in your confirmation letter.
Onebill Business Broadband offers speeds of up to and including 17Mbps. The actual speed you get could vary, depending on a variety of factors, including:
- The distance between you and your nearest exchange. In short, the longer your line is, the slower your speed will be
- Damage to your phone line, or poor connections between cables
We’ll always provide the absolute fastest speed possible, so if 17Mbps isn’t possible, we’ll provide the closest speed possible to that figure.
Fibre Broadband speeds
Onebill Fibre Broadband offers speeds of up to and including 38Mbps – rising to a possible 76Mbps if you choose our fastest Business Fibre package. As with our standard Business Broadband and Business Phone line deal, Onebill Fibre is offered in two packages that are tailored according to your needs and budget.
Our Fibre products all offer the same superfast broadband speeds, but the speed you ultimately get could vary from the one advertised here. As with ordinary broadband, the speed you receive with Fibre Broadband is determined by things like:
- The distance between you and the green cabinet. Fibre optic cables run between your telephone exchange and the green cabinet (you’ll see these on most streets). Your premises is connected to the green cabinet by an ordinary copper phone line, and the longer this line is, the slower your speeds will be
- The condition your telephone line is in. If it's damaged, worn, or there are broken connections between cables then you will not receive the maximum speeds possible
When do our services start?
Upon signing up to Onebill Business Broadband, Phone or Fibre, you'll get a welcome pack in the post which contains your contract and activation date – which is the date your service will begin. Activation can begin at any time on that date, right up until midnight.
If you're switching to Onebill from a different broadband or phone company, we can usually sort this remotely and you won’t need to install a new line. Phone line transfers normally take about ten working days, but the time needed to transfer numbers from other networks can vary – it can take much longer, or in rare cases, may not be possible at all. In these cases, we will, with your agreement, provide a new number (or numbers).
If you need a new line, we will book an engineer to visit your business and they’ll install a line for you. There is always an additional fee for this service.
Using our Business Broadband services
To use our Broadband services, you'll need a phone line that sits within the BT Openreach network. When you decide to move services to Onebill from a different supplier, we’ll notify your existing provider to explain that we are now providing your services. However, you have to let your current broadband or phone provider know that you want to cancel in the first place.
If you've bought Onebill Secure – a computer security service – from us, you need to make sure you uninstall any other computer security software on your relevant devices first.
You'll receive your free Onebill wireless router when you officially sign up for business broadband. This router is pre-configured and ready to go. Routers bought directly from Onebill include full technical support when needed within the warranty coverage period. Onebill is not responsible and will not cover routers or any other products used in conjunction with Onebill Broadband but bought from a different source.
If you choose a broadband plan that includes a limited broadband data allowance, this allowance will expire at the end of every calendar month and any data you don’t use won’t be carried over into the next month. We'll let you know when you reach 80% of your broadband usage, and once again when you reach 100%. If you exceed this allowance we reserve the right to charge you more for the subsequent use.
Broadband only packages
We offer two separate Broadband packages, both with all sorts of extras to help your business, including:
- Business Broadband: 20GB broadband usage, free setup, free wireless router, multiple email addresses
- Business Broadband ://Call Max: Unlimited broadband usage, online security and backup, free installation, free wireless router, multiple email addresses
Onebill care levels and associated costs
In addition to Broadband and phone packages, we also provide additional care packages to give you the option of resolving faults and problems extra quickly and conveniently.
These four packages of care are as follows:
- Level 1: Free – fault fixed in three working days
- Level 2: £1.20 per month for each line – fault fixed in 48 hours
- Level 3: £3.95 per month for each line – fault fixed in 24 hours
- Level 4: £5.49 per month for each line – fault fixed in 6 hours
If your business relies heavily on phone and/or internet access to function, these care packages are highly recommended. For a small monthly fee, you’ll get some extra assurance that you can get your business back to speed as quickly as possible.